Thursday, April 28, 2016

John Doe






Hey John it's me Ama, sorry for not keeping in touch, but I am here and can we take a walk. You know I am aware of all the troubles you try to run from and how you take pills to drain away the emptiness in you. You go neck deep into a crowd to fit in and when you earn a little money, you spend it on women, shoes and booze.

You may get everyone fooled but not I, that is why I am here to talk to you and show you hard love. I hope you haven’t taken the pill or the stick before now because I would want to have your full attention while we talk. Can we take a walk down the road, down that familiar street you know well at dark alley down on Rum Avenue? You know that place better than I do, the alley close to the Cocaine Bridge, the dark dreadful bridge with no street light where dark ladies hang around to drag stray souls down to Hades. 

You know it all started while we were young, 16 years old i guess. We had dreams, i wanted to be writer and you wanted to save the world. At that age being silly was acceptable, teenagers. So you tried the stick to show Jane you were cool, it was a bad idea but you said you had it under control. I never knew one stick can turn into a life of so many wrongs. I should have stopped you; Jane wasn't worth losing your soul for. You were good at covering up and I give that to you, you hide your schemes so well and now see where it got you.  

10 years later, all you got is your addiction, trust issues and your demons. You put on a mask so well to deceive us and hide your struggle, you hide behind toilet doors to indulge in your excesses and when you are caught, you tell them you are taking break from stress but guess what; everyone knows what you are doing. It has begun to show; Distorted vision, hearing, coordination, altered perceptions & emotions, coloured dentition, impaired judgment, bad breath and hangovers. You are at the brink of losing your job and your life all at once. I was there when your mum said you are at risk of a lung disease. Why can’t you stop, you are killing yourself slowly. You were an A student at college and graduated with a first class honour, what happened to your childhood dreams? Don’t you know by using alcohol, hard drugs etc, you participate in destroying not only our own life, but often the lives of others. Even in moderation, it can cause significant problems and stupefy your reasoning power. I love you but I can’t help you on this issue, there are things you need to fight for yourself on bended knee.

Come lets walk back the road we came, back to the beautiful road; I heard they are serving free bagels at Graceville restaurant the owner is a dear friend and I told him all about you. But he can’t help you till you admit you need help. I will lead you to him, but you have to do the talking. Lest I forget, my friends name is Grace and you will find him so graceful and compassionate and unlike the others you have met for help, Grace won’t judge you. 

…..At Graceville Restaurant, there were lots of people taking advantage of free bagels and Grace is standing behind the counter brimming with Joy and happy to serve everyone free bagels. Ama walks in waving her hand and John follows behind not knowing what to expect.

Ama - Hello Grace, I came to take advantage of your free bagels as usual. Meet John my friend, he is the one I told you about.
Grace – John have some bagels
John – No sir, I don’t take what I can’t pay for.
Ama - John it is free, no one pays for anything at Graceville restaurant. Like I said my friend Grace can help you, but you need to talk.
John – Grace I need your help, I am tired of struggling …………………

Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and i will give you rest (Mattew 11:28)

Share the message of grace round, it must be read. 
-AMA






4 comments:

  1. God just led me to this blog via google.#this write up is just for me..i need help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am remain humbled,May you find Gods grace so helpful for you.God bless. i just wrote the sequel, i do hope you enjoy it

      http://theheelstory.blogspot.com/2016/08/jane-doe-when-grace-can-do-nothing.html

      Delete