Friday, July 29, 2016

Single Saved and Satisfied





I will start by thanking my dear friend Dr Onyeka Osaje, who never stops to remind me on how married I would have being if only she had a brother. Dr Onyi, I am honoured, you are amazing and I remain humbled by your kind words. I can’t forget my dear friend Evelyn (God rest her soul), who in her quirky manner gives a good cheer to the men that left and the man yet to come and while at it she remains happy.


While talking to a friend a while ago, she asked me how I wait, how I do it and why I am not bothered knowing that time is fast going? Well my honest reply was ‘I am not waiting perfectly’ lol! There are a lot of hard days and really sweet days as I learnt to put my hope in God rather than in a potential boyfriend or husband.

I may just have friends that don’t take ‘single life’ issues lightly, seeing that every phone call starts with a man and ends with a broken heart. Ladies can relate well to this. Single ladies are under the pressure of settling down (African mother’s thank you). I have being match made more than I can count, the process is always fun and I may never know…



My point is this, I learnt to find happiness in simple things rather than in a person, so I get satisfaction from my heart rather than random opinions of people. So on being single and satisfied,  I have engaged myself in a lot of activities some were a big drag, others were worth the dive. I enrolled for French classes using an app (duolingo), exercised more, read a lot of books, served in my local church, and pursued God through His word and in prayer (which really means he was pursuing me)! So I have options, yeah!!! That’s not so bad at all for me *tongues out*, which means I can use the ‘NO’ button when I like instead of saying ‘YES’ to every invitation.




So because I am occupied with God, I stopped waiting for a man and started living for God. The simple truth is this, learn to love yourself and learn to be by yourself. I don’t understand it when folks say they can’t be without a man, that’s crap! If you don’t know how to be by yourself, what are you doing with someone else? Learn to wait and while you are at it, have a good rest. For you may get little of that when married. The truth is, I will rather be all by myself in my dark room reading vampire dairies (and I hate that book) than with a man and wondering what the hell I am doing with him. I am so sorry I cannot live in dysfunction.

So to my friends who keep asking about my man; there is no man. I don’t care, I am happy, God owns my clock and he is moulding me to fit into a king, I am anticipating my queen experience. 

Drop your comments.....xoxo
~Ama

3 comments:

  1. Well said ma'm... my best line is, "God owns my clock and he is moulding me to fit into a king, I am anticipating my queen experience" With God, it is never too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said ma'm... my best line is, "God owns my clock and he is moulding me to fit into a king, I am anticipating my queen experience" With God, it is never too late.

    ReplyDelete