Monday, August 08, 2016

Every man discerns




I am a novice at using the instagram app, as I learnt to toggle the functions, I stumbled on a beautiful work done by @poetola and it caught my attention. It was profound that I immediately screenshot it because instagram lacks the download function (or was it me that couldn’t figure it out). I slept thinking about the picture and I woke up with the same words “we see you, we really do; the ones still with clothes on and yet remain beautiful”. I knew I must write something to that effect.



The picture reminded me of an event that took place last year. A few of us friends hanged out and while at it, my dear friend voiced out “where did all the good men go and why do I get to meet jerks (well she didn’t use ‘jerk’, I changed the adjective)?  I haven’t met a jerk yet and hopefully I won’t but I saw my friend’s trouble when she said the good ones don’t pay attention to her and she feels she is left for spoilers (whatever that means).

My voice was over shadowed by everyone at the table; some calling men names and others just giving moral support. I was on the grey area for I didn’t know what to say. Fast-forward today, I wish what I knew now, I knew then. I would have told her that;


1) You are not left for spoilers.

2) There are good men out there and they are not playing golf.

3) There are good men who will take notice if you do away with drama and just cover up.

4) There are good men who will take notice of your pride, your essence and how defiant you 
are about your identity, they will notice if you rebel against conformity and just smile with utmost brilliance.



While thinking about it all now, I only wish I knew more about Ruth then and I would have told her of the greatest love story that existed before Romeo and Juliet. I would have told her about Boaz, how kind how well. I would have told her for every lady, there is a Boaz who will take notice and say “hush my fair lady don’t be scared, I know you are noble and the men can testify to that”. Come over here; work at this side of my field and drink from the water jar. I would have told her that Boaz will go warning all men not to touch or disturb her.


I wish I knew about Ruth more, I would have told her that there is an honourable Boaz that will act on her request and defend her honour. I would have told her that Boaz is out there and he will notice her for she has been the lady he has being praying for, a lady that takes initiative and is committed to her Naomi, a lady with modesty, courtesy and grace, but also with determination and endurance. A lady who will say “your people will be my people and your God my God”, for that is a lady only Boaz will notice. I would have asked my friend a simple question, “are you ready and seeking for Boaz or Amnon”?.....

With Love ~Ama
IG: ama_heel
Twitter: @theheelstory 


Image by Tolu Akinyemi @poetola



9 comments:

  1. While the words are not @poetolu's,I like the image he created with it. And yes,girls especially need to know that there are good guys out there & that even their fellow girls see them too.
    There's a lot to learn from love stories in the bible from Rebecca & Isaac to Ruth & Boaz, really. And people need to stop generalizing too. If you're a good person, it should give you hope that there are others like you out there. I mean, look @ Elijah when he thought he was the only righteous person left in Israel. God showed him thousands other men who hadn't bowed to baal.
    In other words, if you're good or doing good, keep at it. God sees you, people see you too even if they don't act like it.

    P.S. Instagram doesn't have a download option, so I guess you're doing well finding your way around the platform

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha 😂 😂 😂 I thought as much...... Thanks hun

      Delete
  2. I love this. This is the second time in the last one month I am hearing about Ruth and boaz.I also think this story addresses the school of thought that says "you are addressed the way you are dressed". Yes I believe there are good men out there. Dearest single ladies...while being busy with your work....in ruth's case "working in the field"...or doing that job you love to do.your boaz will notice you and he will work towards gaining your attention.


    PS:admin indicate your IG account name/handle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay dear IG:@ama_heel
      Twitter:@theheelstory
      The story of ruth and boaz has a lot of lessons to learn from. Boaz is likened to the Proverbs 31 woman

      Delete
  3. To win is to honour God. A lady had this as her status on WhatsApp and I totally believed it. Whoever put up that picture is 100% correct plus my 50 points for clarity. There is a very good reason why more people take Shawarma home than Soya. Not far from the reason why men decide take wives home...I rest my case. Nice piece! Well delivered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad the post inspired something awesome. Thanks for writing and sharing this. To the lady above, perhaps you've read something that sounds similar, but those words are mine. Otherwise, it would be plagiarism to append my name to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sincere apologies, sir. I have read the exact same words in a not so recent past with a different name referenced. So this came to me as déjà-vu. Good to communicate personally with you, because those words help keep assurances of nobility strong. I hope you pardon my misgiving, no discredit to you, please. Thank you.

      Delete
    2. My sincere apologies, sir. I have read the exact same words in a not so recent past with a different name referenced. So this came to me as déjà-vu. Good to communicate personally with you, because those words help keep assurances of nobility strong. I hope you pardon my misgiving, no discredit to you, please. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Delay isn't denial. Wait sister...... Your Boaz will show in God's perfect time

    ReplyDelete