Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Jane Doe: When Grace can do nothing






Sitting down at the restaurant and watching how John has changed from the last time we both met made me realize there was an extra ingredient in the bagels served at Graceville Restaurant. Here was John (read up John's Story here) dedicating his time in active stewardship, instead of being served, he serves. And he is happier now than ever.
As I was lost in that moment, I felt a very familiar tap, I turned to face my dear friend Grace, I must have jumped up at the same time and humbled that he will call my name. Ama today each meal has honey in it, drawing the seat close to mine Grace sat down. Taste it, you will love it. I gladly jumped to the offer knowing that Grace’s culinary skills was the best, as I filled my mouth, He spoke again; I know your labour of love towards me and I have it recorded, but this joy you have, must be experienced by everyone. When you are done eating, here are some packs of food I prepared, give it all out and  withhold nothing from anyone. As I hurriedly ate my food, I grabbed the packs, said my goodbye to Grace and John and I dashed out into the street.


Free food free bagels for all, I screamed as I went. Grace’s voice still rang in my head “do not withhold anything”. Free bagels with honey!! I continued. I shared it to as many people as I met on the street. It isn’t as bad as I thought it would be, I said to myself along the way. There I was,  going about my friend’s business with joy till I got to Dark alley, oh shit!



This alley brought back memories, I once lived and schooled here. John’s former house was by the corner and life here was terrible. No food, no water, the struggle to survive at dark alley was real. I still shared my bagels as I went, going street by street till I got to Rum Avenue and there she was staring at me, Jane.
You have joined the Salvation Army and I heard John now cleans scraps at Graceville Restaurant all thanks to you. I froze as she spoke and mocked me. Finding my voice; Jane, John made his choice, as for me, I just serve bagels. What difference does it make? She yelled back at me. My relationship with Jane has always being sour, though we grew up together but we were never friends. She hated my guts and I have never had the courage to stand up to her. She yelled and cursed me, I withheld my last bagels and ran back fast to Graceville restaurant, for Jane didn’t deserve what John found. As I swung the door open, looked Grace in the face; “I can’t do it she doesn’t deserve it”. At that moment I could tell Grace was disappointed with me when he told me it wasn’t my place to decide who deserves mercy as he collected my pack and gave it to another. I felt so much pain and emptiness as His voice rang for the last time in my head “withhold nothing”. Oh my pride, oh Self-righteousness, Grace have mercy was all I could say as I heard a loud bang on my door. I turned to realize it was all a dream. Thank you Jesus.


I went straight for my door and John stood there with tears in His eyes as he spoke. Jane committed suicide and the doctors fear for her life. We hurriedly made our away to the hospital and I had my humility jacket on. Jane laid on the bed as we prayed for her and begged her to speak to Grace. I would rather die was all she said, she picked up the meal John brought for her, threw it through the window and that was it, Jane died. I felt the same pain from my dream as I wept so many thoughts, so many old memories. As I turned to leave her bed side there Stood Grace in tears and he whispered “Grace can do nothing for her”.



With Love: Ama

Image:Google.




































4 comments:

  1. Grace has to be accepted....... If any man opens the door...... I will come and Sup with him/her

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope youre compiling all your write_ups,cos i think it should be published World wide.."the heel stories" should be the name

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow thank you, i will surely keep that in mind.you are amazing!

      Delete
  3. Application are the best and handy way control everything you love to do and stay updated and app have many other feature that is not available on websites. Download one of the best application for education section. Android: http://bit.ly/2kqRUTX and iOS: http://apple.co/2jvzSvA

    ReplyDelete