Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Habiba Audi: Being A Teacher

Habiba on white Hijab


 "Teaching is tedious" so they say, I hold my head up and pay no attention to it all.  When people try to judge a teacher by what she makes, for us we know money isn't everything, teaching is a calling of which they are ignorant of. 
Not everyone is called to be a teacher, for we are role models, we impact knowledge, we are  facilitators, great bankers, counsellors, a judge and a parent to every pupil that comes our way. I am flawed and humbled by the responsibility of my calling and the respect accorded me by the public. My teaching degree is nothing compared to the awards given to me by my students, at that point I am filled with unexplainable joy, something only a teacher like me can understand. Not every day is great in class, some days can be rigorous and other days a drag. sometimes I take action against erring students, some punishments depends on the crime, most times I am hurt at the action I take to correct my students; but the rule is this, show no weakness or fear in front of your students, I really want the best from them. I respected by not just my students but my colleagues as well, but the best part for me is when the parent of my student sends their regards, it makes me recognise how positive I have lived up to the calling of being a teacher and that I have exhibit desirable and admired qualities both within and outside the school premises. No profession is ever being made without a teacher, We impact knowledge, we mould the character of a child in line with his vision, we don’t only meet his career goals we also make sure that he is worthy in learning and in character. For this purpose, we are worth the title of a parent. We make children to read when they don't want to, we make them work harder than they thought they couldn’t, we make them read, read and read,  we inculcate reading culture and make them creative, above all we instil moral virtue, morals and good conduct. Teachers make doctors, teachers make lawyers, teachers make Engineers, teachers make businessmen and teachers make architects etc. Hey, we even make TEACHERS. I am proud to be a teacher. 

Habiba in the middle with her students


 By: Habiba Audi

No comments:

Post a Comment