Friday, October 16, 2015

The Lady behind the heel story.








I am doing something different, going against the grain. It is the get to know me session. I got a mail from a reader who wants to know me and what i do everyday, well i wont be revealing all, but i will be letting you in on a very hilarious and weird part of me.

I have 3 bragging rights: 

1). Jesus knows my name.
2). I am a preachers daughter.
3). I survived the movie 2012.

A little bit of me and my space, i don't know how this will go...... 

MY FOOD
I am not big on food and my diet is weird. I eat everything apart from pastries (samosa, sharwama, spring rolls and the host of others). I eat everything so far it satisfies (except pastries). I remember eating Shea Butter worm my neighbour used in preparing jollof rice, as soon as she dug in i joined her, my neighbour is Nupe and she said its a delicacy in her place. It was tasty and tasted far better than termites and grasshopper (me and my diet hahahahahah). Away from the weird part of my stomach, let me get real.

1). My favourite fruit is banana, i cant get enough of eating banana and pairing it with groundnut is oh la la, it takes me to banana heaven. My favorite drink is Banana ginger smoothie. I also use banana for deep conditioning, call it my wonder fruit.

2). Corn: I Love to take good opportunity of the season and what it has to offer and corn is the food of this season. My corn has to go along with coconut. In the absence of coconut, i may substitute with pear, but coconut tops the list.. I am proud to say i initiated my close friends into the corn and and coconut pairing and they are testifying to the wonder of good food pairing.


 
my brother bought this for me





3)Groundnut/Bambara bean: i don't know if its the popping of the shells that gives me joy or the content itself. All i know is that this food keeps me busy, you pop you eat. I love when they are in season, eating them gives me joy.



Groundnut



Bambara Bean (Okpa)





4).Drinking garri and Groundnut: Oh boy, for secondary school boarders like meself, this food was revered.I remember one day mummy came visiting without Garri but she came with a bottle of groundnut, she said daddy has banned all form of drinking and swallowing of Garri in the house (my father gave me BP), i couldn't cry that day in school. i knew i told her i had nothing to do with the groundnut, i was totally hurt. I found a new way of sneaking it into my bag when returning to school. My sweet aunt buys Garri in the market and she puts it into an empty milk tin so daddy wont know. When he asks, she tells him she bought an extra milk for me. Right now am not big on swallowing eba (Garri) but am a huge Garri and groundnut drinker.("Garri" deserves the whole respect)





MY MOVIES
When am not sleeping am in front of the screen, my movies and programs can engage me. i love epic movies, lord of the rings, eragon and others. I love the all parts of transformers except the age of extinction, I love Pirates of the Caribbean (who doesn't???). I won't be caught watching Indian movies, they mess with my emotion,i would prefer to be flogged instead.No matter how hard hearted you are 'kyon ki' will surely make you cry like a baby. I don't watch seasonal movies(sorry to the empire and scandal lovers), I just love a movie that starts and ends.
My all time favorite channel includes national geographic wild, history channel, discovery and discovery ID, and i watch crime channel anytime i want to form detective.

MY WRITING
writing is the best gift ever, it engages me, takes away the worry and gives me an outlet of expressing myself. Discovering writing for me has been a blessing, without people around i have a companion in my journal and pen.



My most favorite items: the pink is my idea book and green is my journal



Am not all serious, i play a lot.......
watch this

Video coverage by : Amina






4 comments:

  1. Lol nice so we have a lot in common I love corn both cooked and roasted ilov groundnuts too even tho it tends to break me out but istil don't mind and keep munching on them ,I stopped bananas cus a friend said its fatening but ibelieve it's not but to b on a safe side I stopped.by the way you are beautiful

    ReplyDelete