Monday, October 12, 2015

My marriage sermon


 Image result for happy marriage quote



There is something about Warren Barfield's songs that makes me nod each time I listen to it play. I knew I would find my muse from his songs (God bless your soul Warren for inspiring this piece).

This post is for the matured mind, am referring to the married, soon to be married, thinking of marriage kind of people yet not dating and those who have given up on marriage. Pardon me for I am not married, but i have a lot to say to you all ladies out side the fence, you all don't have to agree with me but just hear me out.



Image result for rules for a happy marriage quotes

Marriage is not a place that we can come and go as we please, its a house we answer in then commit to never leave (Warren God bless you for this simple definition).  Marriage indeed is beautiful, what beats me is the divorce aspect of marriage, that part where both of you call it quits. Why will you allow people sacrifice their time to attend your most happiest day then you dash out fast? 



Vows were exchange, love was shared, so how come you lost your mojo faster than a melting ice? You see this thing still beats my imagination. I believe in the concept of marriage and i believe it can be worked out. 




The number one cause of marriage failure is ego and self. We should enter marriage with one thought "I love you with all my heart, for whatever is happened, I will love you more". My post may be hard for you to swallow if you are divorced, especially when you were hurt in your marriage or you got what you didn't bargain for. I hope my post brings you to your kneels. Marrying for the wrong reasons has caused failure in the institution of marriage. We have ran after the insignificant rather than the essentials, we have said to ourselves it will get better once I am married. Alas there will still be cracks in an amended mirror and soon after it wont the befitting to stare at your image through the glass, hence we yearn for better.






Many of us have failed in commitment to our spouses. As a married lady, you failed in being married. Don't you know that a wise woman knows the importants of always covering her man in prayers? While we were busy admiring our bands, we may have failed in our wifely duties. To my single ladies, you have the opportunity of a life time to decide what you want in a man. If you are not married to him please don't take up marriage roles.




To you my sisters thinking of calling it quits in your marriages, i don't know what to say, neither do i know your pain and how long you have endured in your marriage, but i have a word for you, actually Warren does "lock the door behind you, throw away the keys, work it out together and let it bring you to your kneels. The truth is if you leave no one guards your door. 







Image result for old couples in love quotes

Marriage is a beautiful thing, its a place that you are not afraid whatsoever. To the singles, if you aren't happy single, you wont be happy taken. happiness comes from within not from any man. While you are struggling to get a change of title, remember you owe yourself peace and your children a save home. To those about to get married, get  your check list and do your evaluations again and over. Move past the ring that will adorn your finger and the change of name. Look into 5-10 years to come with your husband, will your vows be hard for you to keep, have you seek God's consent and what will you draw your strength from when trails sets. 

Image result for marriage and prayers

Marriage is wisdom, tolerance, understanding, love and patience. Marriage is a place for growth, respect, humility and selflessness. finally marriage is a place of Prayer.


2 comments:

  1. Your blog is very inspiring and will enable we young people to make the right decision in choosing a life partner

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it raw, we need people like you in this generation. God bless you ma.

    ReplyDelete