Friday, September 04, 2015

I want to live (a letter from the womb).

Image result for baby in womb

Dear mum
My name is Carlos and with me is Liza; she has been a good friend of mine. She is 6 weeks old and as you know I am 4 weeks old. What you don’t know is that I am aware of my environment right in your womb. I am at that stage were neither you or dad know about my sex, because am a tiny fetus growing up in you and waiting for the time to be born, breath the air and have a taste of your bosoms.

Mum I am so exited, but I doubt you feel the same way. You skip meals to starve me of the basic minerals needed for my development, you drink and smoke which can hinder oxygen from getting to me. It’s like you deliberately want me dead.
I know I was unplanned for, a mistake that shouldn’t have happened, but I did anyway, please love me. I feel every bit of your pain, your pressure, shame and night tears. I know you try to hide me by wearing those huge sweat shirts. Society may not approve of my conception, my granny’s may not approve and you may be the talk of town. After a while, it will all pass and everyone will pick a new topic of discussion.
I had this long conversation with Liza, she told me her mum wants to get rid of her, I wish I can help, but I am only a fetus. Liza will be flushed out by morning and I will be left alone, waiting for the day you will get rid of me also. I and Liza represent millions of children that just want to live.
Mum, I know daddy denied having anything to do with my conception and my grandparents are not supportive too. Please don’t let them allow you decide between my birth and your ego. Hold me while I grow in you.
Liza was conceived as a result of rape and her mum can’t bear the shame of having her. You see mum, Liza maybe a constant reminder of her mum’s pain, but she will also be her mum’s joy and she wants to be a human rights lawyer. Am so sorry mum I don’t know what I want to become, but I will grow to be great and make you proud. I just want to live, that’s why I write you this letter, Liza may not get her chance, but I wish I may, even though your job policy says otherwise, I fear my fate.
I know that not every mum regrets aborting their children, Lyn’s mum doesn’t regret letting go of her. Mum I know you will regret aborting me. I see you staring at your stomach everyday at the mirror even though there is no significant increase, you curdle up each time you sleep, you are protective when there is contact with your stomach and you stand in front of the baby store each day on your way to work and while returning home (I pray you step into the store)
Image result for baby store


Would you be able to bear the guilt of letting me go, would you be able to tell someone you were once pregnant and would you stand looking at a child at the park knowing you got rid of your own? Aren’t you just curious for once to know how I look like? I have those cute dimples you have and I will grow to be tall just like you.
Image result for woman and her baby

The procedure is painful, don’t do it, you may get infected or lose your life in the process. I just want to see your face, play and laugh with you. Give me a chance to live, I won’t disappoint you, I promise to have great grades in school and be offered scholarships to study so you don’t have to spend much on my schooling. I promise to make you proud mummy.

Image result for graduating


Finally mum, life may not be rosy at my birth, but I will stick to you till the end. When you are frustrated and at wits end please don’t take it out on me. The rainbow will definitely be out after the storm and life for us will be good. Know that I love you and it won’t change even if you decide to go through with aborting me. Liza sends her regards, as for me am growing perfectly in you. Eat healthy and quit the bottles and sticks. Mum I wait your reply. Gently rob your stomach or whisper sweet words to me if you have decided I stay.
Your Son,
Carlos.

Follow THS on Twitter/Instagram: @theheelstory
Facebook :The Heel Story and Email:amacharis55@gmail.com.
Photo Credit: Internet
You can also send in your personal stories about relationship, lifestyle, health etc and be sure to get a reply


1 comment: